1:144 Lockheed TF-104G Starfighter

Revell 04008

In my overgrown stash I have merely a handful of kits which are not in 1:72 scale. For now I only stepped out of my usual field of interest once or twice, and that was a couple of years ago. That make this finished miniature rather special, I guess. But is it any good, or did I just failed miserably poking the 1:144? You decide.

Small but nice

I chose to betray my sweet 1:72 scale with a German midget. Revell 1:144 kit of Lockheed TF-104G Starfighter to be precise. It's nothing new, available on the marked for fair number of years (new tool from 2003 according to Scalemates.com), but still quite a nice model. Like many of the jets offered by this manufacturer in really small scale. But be aware- many doesn't mean of course all.

I decided to go with almost out-of-box build plus couple of scratch-built details and necessary in my opinion enhancements. From the decals provided I chose the German version, finding it more interesting than the German version... OK, joking aside- I went with machine from German Navy squadron (MFG 2- Marinefliegergeschwader 2) with two tone light grey / blue grey camouflage.

Nothing to see here...

Sorry, no SBS build report for now. Maybe some other time.

Starfighter for two

Miniature finished as a Lockheed TF-104G Starfighter, c/n 5921. This machine was used with side number 27+93 by Marinefliegergeschwader 2 (German Navy aircraft squadron), based in Egeebeck, around 1973.

Comments

Feel free to comment. You can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Disqus account. Or without all that, just state your name and check "I'd rather post as a guest" option when it appears.