x

This website is no longer updated. If you want to see more about my modelling, read something about it and maybe even leave some feedback- go to my new web hideout.

Natomiast osoby potrafiące przeczytać tę część wiadomości zapraszam do odwiedzenia mojej nowej witryny, prowadzonej w całości w języku polskim.

You can also go and like my Facebook page, where I post some assorted work-in-progress photos and other scale modelling related stuff.

1:144 Lockheed TF-104G Starfighter

Revell 04008

In my overgrown stash I have merely a handful of kits which are not in 1:72 scale. For now I only stepped out of my usual field of interest once or twice, and that was a couple of years ago. That make this finished miniature rather special, I guess. But is it any good, or did I just failed miserably poking the 1:144? You decide.

Small but nice

I chose to betray my sweet 1:72 scale with a German midget. Revell 1:144 kit of Lockheed TF-104G Starfighter to be precise. It's nothing new, available on the marked for fair number of years (new tool from 2003 according to Scalemates.com), but still quite a nice model. Like many of the jets offered by this manufacturer in really small scale. But be aware- many doesn't mean of course all.

I decided to go with almost out-of-box build plus couple of scratch-built details and necessary in my opinion enhancements. From the decals provided I chose the German version, finding it more interesting than the German version... OK, joking aside- I went with machine from German Navy squadron (MFG 2- Marinefliegergeschwader 2) with two tone light grey / blue grey camouflage.

Nothing to see here...

Sorry, no SBS build report for now. Maybe some other time.

Starfighter for two

Miniature finished as a Lockheed TF-104G Starfighter, c/n 5921. This machine was used with side number 27+93 by Marinefliegergeschwader 2 (German Navy aircraft squadron), based in Egeebeck, around 1973.